82 Dudley Street, Coogee
Rectification of Water Penetration into Block of Units.
Water penetration was observed to the occupied units and to the basement area. The following works were carried out to eliminate the water penetration from several sources.
During the course of work, the exhaust system was deemed defective and other defective items were located. These remediation works were carried out additional to the original contract.
The remedial building works can be summarised as follows:
- Cavity flashing replacement works to ground floor, first floor and area behind the planterboxes
- Waterproofing to the basement ventilation duct penetration opening including the removal and reinstatement of the mechanical ducting
- Assessment and upgrade works to the mechanical exhaust system to comply with the current relevant National Construction Code
- Waterproofing to the planterboxes
- Waterproofing to a defective concrete slab infill area causing leaks to the basement area
- Roof drainage repairs
- Masonry cracks expansion joint installation & re-rendering works
- External painting works
- Internal rectification works to the areas affected by the water penetration
The above mentioned works were supervised and certified by Remedial Waterproofing Engineer Richard Cortis (Richard Cortis Pty Ltd)